Sunday 12 January 2014

MAP DIY COASTERS


So today i realized that i had some extra cork remaining from my last DIY project so i decided i'd look for a project with cork so that i could use it all up. I found this project on Pinterest. If you are a regular coffee, tea, steamer drinker this project is perfect for you :)

Things you will need:

-Cork (got mine from Dollarama for around $2.00.)
-Mod Podge
-Any sort of Map
-X-acto Knife
-Scissors
-Sponge/Foam

I found this project was very quick and easy to make. If you are planning to have a cup of coffee with a friend these coasters look wonderful and work very well.


So first i traced a circle on the piece of cork and then took out my X-acto knife and cut around it. Then i took my map and traced a circle and cut it out with the Scissors. I then took my Mod Podge (its a gloss/glue) and spread it with a sponge on the cut out cork circle. I then placed my map piece on top of it and put a gloss of Mod Podge over top of it as well to give it more of a shine.

 Things i could of done better:

When cutting the cork i wish i would of been a little slower and took my time cutting it with the knife because the cork made some rough edges. I also wish that i could put glass over top of the coasters but i don't have any source of how to cut glass..Other than that i am pleased with how they turned out.

My passion project so far has been really fun. I really enjoy making things and doing hands on type of work. It has shown me a different type of art that i wasn't use to doing before. I highly suggest you try out this DIY! Message me if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment