Tuesday 2 December 2014

~GREECE~

One of the many places I would like to visit at some point in my life is Greece. I have heard from friends and family that the pictures you see online of Greece (Deep blue skies and ocean, artistic white looking buildings, mountains off in the distance), is EXACTLY how it looks in person which tells me that Greece would be a prime place to travel to.


ABOUT/FACTS:
The land of the Greece is bordered by Albania, Macedonia, Turkey and the Cretan Seas. This beautiful country is known to have many islands. Over time 170 islands have been inhabited but still 2,000 more islands remain and are yet to be discovered! The weather out there is very HOT and there winters are rainy/cold (not freezing though). The currency is euro.



FOOD:
The typical greek diet on a daily basis includes grapes, cheese, lamb, olives, grains, fish and vegetables.  As a tourist you may have lots of greek salad, and their famous gyros (flat bread stuffed with vegetables, lamb or chicken, and sauce).

RELIGION:
Around 98% of the population are Orthodox Christians.

PLACES TO VISIT:
-Acropolis of Athens
-Acropolis Museum
-Parthenon
-Panathenaic Stadium
-National Garden in Athens


Both my parents, and my sister Holly (my mentor), have been to Greece and seen some of the places I've listed above. Its been neat to hear their perspective on what its actually like out there. One of my sisters highlights was visiting the Panathenaic Stadium because she got to sit on one of the actual podiums.

No comments:

Post a Comment