Thursday 17 October 2013

Hello All :) Today i decided to do an Art DIY just because i was in the mood. I made a tape painting. The process of doing so was quite simple, and fun i must say! All you need in order to accomplish this is tape (any kind), a canvas, acrylic paint, scissors, water and paint brushes. I kept my canvas just plain white for the background but you can also spray paint it to a different color before taping. I suggest you put newspaper under your canvas because it can get messy when you are using paint. Through this process i learnt that you may need water even when using acrylic paint because the paint can dry very quickly and harden so water helps smooth the paint. I was very pleased with the outcome because now i have another painting to hang on my wall. (my room is getting redone so all of the DIY's i will be doing i can add to my new room.) This project was very enjoyable to do because i didn't feel like doing a 4 hour painting. This took me probably around an hour and 15 minutes. I highly suggest you try it in your spare time! Scroll down to see the process of how i did it and the finished product. Next week i will be posting another simple DIY to do at home so stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment